Have you come to this page just to find out what is the best ventless dryer? If so I will just directly tell you that according to my findings, this model is by far the best one on the market today: Sonya Portable Compact Laundry Dryer.
The typical dryer that most of us are familiar with is the type that pulls air in, heats it to dry clothes and discharges it through a vent using an airtight hosing system. The new types of dryers nowadays use other methods in dispersing the air that becomes weighed down with moisture. These are known as ventless dryers and there are two types: condensation and heat pump.
Because these dryers don’t rely on vents to discharge air, there is no need to install pipes and the like. This makes this type of machine ideal for small areas and may be placed anywhere in the home that has an electrical outlet for they are powered by electricity.
1. Condensation dryer – this works similar to the traditional dryer where cool and dry room air is pulled in, heated and discharged in a closed path and through wet clothes so that they become dry.
- A blower helps move the air inside.
- This air moves through a heating system so that it reaches proper drying temperature.
- The heated air is then made to pass through the wet clothes, collecting moisture in the process.
- The moisture-laden air gets redirected to the heater.
- It goes back to the clothes chamber to repeat the process if the clothes still contain moisture.
It is basically a recirculation system where cold water is used as moisture condensing medium.
2. Heat pump dryer – air is made to go through a heat pump to condense water vapor and subsequently forwarded into a drain pipe or into a collection chamber. This is then reheated to be used again on clothes. Compared to traditional or condensation dryers, the heat pump type consumes less energy.
What is the washer/dryer combos drying system?
Do you already own the sleeker looking washer/dryer combos? Have you thought about how it dries your clothes? Being products of the more updated washing machine technology, these combos are also ventless in general. As such, they utilize the condensation-based drying system designed to function differently from that of the ordinary vented dryer but uses something that is similar to condenser types.
- Being ventless, no hot air is dispensed outside through a vent that is typically seen in conventional dryers.
- Hot air enters the drum where the wet clothes are and works to evaporate the moisture from the clothes being dried.
- The air, warm and damp, is then moved towards a condensing chamber.
In ordinary dryers, the processed air coming from the drum inside is refreshed using cool air and then to condense the vapor. On the other hand, modern washer/dryer combos use cold water. The heated air is made cool as the water flows against its direction, its moisture released along with the water used to cool it.
- Compared to the vented types, the installation costs of ventless clothes dryer is definitely cheaper. After the purchase costs, all that is needed is an electrical outlet which is not really a problem because any home has several. Just make sure that where the appliance is assigned is near one.
- Small or confined areas are not an issue because the machine is ideal for such situations. If you want more room in your small laundry area, this type of a dryer may yet be your best bet.
- Undoubtedly, it is energy efficient. Compared to using the traditional kind, ventless dryer energy consumption is 30% less.
- It requires very minimal maintenance. Unlike the vented model where you have to always check for lint and other laundry debris that might have accumulated and cause some failures.
- Because there is no need to expel air in vents, the chances of clogging vents and fire risks are minimized.
- While the machine is energy-efficient, its price is comparatively higher than the traditional dryer.
- Despite the dryer’s efficiency, its performance takes a bit longer than that of the vented one. Similarly, washer/dryer combos take longer in its drying process because they use comparatively smaller drums.
- Washer/dryer combos that utilize water in their drying process is considered to be not so friendly to the environment. However, in response to that, a washing machine manufacturer has already introduced “Air Cool” technology. Instead of water, air outside the washer is drawn through a front-panel vent and is used to cool the condenser.
Despite these minimal disadvantages, it still makes a good buy because the advantages outweigh these drawbacks.
Care and Maintenance
Just like other types, the ventless dryer’s filters need to be constantly free of lint. Models that use condensation tank may also require at least once-a-month de-clogging to keep its functionality intact. And because they are ventless, sufficient amount of air flow has to be there for the machine to operate at its best at all times.